It’s so easy to get bogged down with worries, isn’t it? How about all those daily tasks — kids, family, work, etc. — that consume our energy and time?
I’m calling for a brief pause! Wherever you are and whatever you are doing as you read this, stop for a second and think of three blessings that you have experienced during 2012. Don’t think too hard– and don’t overthink this.
1. I got to talk with people around the world and travel at someone else’s expense during my job search. I would never have had the opportunity if I had not been searching. I also refined my search and know more now than I did at this time last year about precisely what and where I want to work.
2. I am 4 sizes smaller than I was a year ago. I’m in a size that I never thought I would see again. My aunt told me that I look like vibrant girl she used to know, and while I’ll never be “well,” I look much more healthy than I have for a very long time. What’s more, I feel healthier and more energetic than I have in a long time.
3. Sophie, the puppy we adopted in July, who has brought so much laughter and joy to our combined families and has evoked many smiles where there would have been tension. She is a comfort to my aging parents and is the sweetest pet I have ever known.
Savor each one and give thanks for its presence in your life. We need to consider these little miracles before they slip away into the fog of memories.
I hope that you take the time to do a 1-2-3 blessing count every so often in the midst of your busy schedule. It’s more important than you know.
- What Do We Really Seek? (celiaelaine.wordpress.com)
- 12 Things I learned in 2012 (stilettosnsweats.wordpress.com)
- 3, 2, 1 … Wait! Stop! (debaucherysoup.com)